BNY Mellon Wealth Management First Layer Privacy Notice
The following applies to the collection and processing of personal information relating to individuals in the European Union (EU) and United Kingdom (UK).
Your personal information will be collected by BNY Mellon National Association, BNY Mellon Trust of Delaware, BNY Mellon Trust Company (Cayman) Ltd, The Bank of New York Mellon – DIFC Branch, The Bank of New York Mellon – London Branch or The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV, Luxembourg branch (referred to “we”, “us”, our”) and processed for the following purpose(s):
- where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract into which you have entered;
- to comply with a legal obligation that we have, for example where we are required to report to tax authorities;
- for regulatory reasons that are in the public interest, for example to prevent and detect financial crime.
Respective legal entity that owns client relationship will be deemed a data controller for your personal information.
Your personal information will be shared by us with the following recipients:
- other BNY Mellon Group entities (in particular, BNY Mellon National Association, The Bank of New York Mellon and/or BNY Mellon Intl Ops (India) Pvt Ltd) in addition to external third-party service providers for the purposes of outsourcing of operational functions and support activities – to help manage our business and deliver services in an efficient way. These include IT service providers who help manage our IT and back-office systems.
- both BNYM Group entities and third-party service providers are subject to relevant confidentiality obligations and have agreed to use any personal information we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us;
- external agencies, organizations and public or other governmental authorities incl. law enforcement, for the purposes of fraud prevention in financial services and to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules.
BNY Mellon Trust Company (Cayman) Ltd, The Bank of New York Mellon – DIFC Branch, The Bank of New York Mellon – London Branch or The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV, Luxembourg branch will transfer or store your personal information in other countries, including those outside the European Economic Area and United Kingdom, under the protection of appropriate safeguards.
For more information about how we collect, use and share personal information and your legal rights contact us at Global_Privacy_Compliance@bnymellon.com or see BNY Mellon’s full privacy notice at THE BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON EMEA PRIVACY NOTICE.