1. Dedicated Service Team for Card Assistance
Clients may call 1-800-830-0549, Monday- Friday 6:00 am – 10:00 pm ET, Saturday – Sunday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm ET
- Activate a new or replacement card
- Order a New card for an existing account
- Replace an existing card
- Report a lost or stolen card
- Dispute a recent transaction
- Travel Notifications
2. Personal Identification Card (PIN)
- When using your card at a merchant and you select “debit,” you will need to enter your PIN on the merchant keypad. If you select “credit,” you may be required to sign a receipt to authorize your purchase. A signature may not be required for certain transactions such as internet, mail order and pay-at-the-pump gas purchases. Your options may differ depending on the merchant.
- If your PIN is not working and you are certain you are using the correct PIN and entering it properly, contact us immediately at 1-800-830-0549.
Our cards allow clients to withdraw cash or make deposits at ATMs and to make purchases worldwide.
- Withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide with zero ATM Surcharge Fees.1 Additionally, BNY Mellon does not charge any fees to access cash at ATM terminals.
- Since ATM terminals vary among financial institutions, you may still see a prompt for a fee at some locations. To complete the withdrawal, simply accept the ATM Surcharge Fee that is displayed. When the ATM withdrawal transaction posts to your account, you will see two entries: the ATM Surcharge Fee and BNY Mellon’s refund.
- Foreign currency withdrawals made at ATMs abroad are convenient and provide competitive exchange rates.
- Notify us in advance of your travel dates by calling 1-800-830-0549. Please be able to provide the travel dates and locations as this will help in monitoring your card for suspicious activity.
- Make sure you are using a BNY Mellon card with EMV Chip Technology and you know your four numeric digit PIN.
- Know your daily purchase and ATM cash withdrawal limits.
5. Digital Wallet Payment Solutions
- Clients have the ability to add their eligible BNY Mellon debit Mastercard® to your enabled mobile device’s digital wallet to access these convenient payment alternatives: Apple PayTM, Samsung PayTM and Google PayTM.
- To get started, simply open your digital wallet and follow the on-screen instructions to add your BNY Mellon debit Mastercard® and make your first payment.
6. Card Management Tools
- Monitor/track card transactions and spending through BNY Mellon Wealth Online, Business Banking Online and/or Mobile Banking.
- Debit Card Controls and Alerts are available to provide clients with greater security, control and protection.
- Debit card controls allow you to establish your own transaction limits, set transaction and merchant types, disable your card at any time and set specific locations for where your card may be used
- Debit Card alerts allow you to choose the types of transaction alerts you wish to receive, turn Card Alerts on or off at any time and continue to receive mandatory alerts such as declined transaction
7. Security and Fraud Protection
- Chip Technology
- Embedded in each BNY Mellon card is a microchip that provides protection against card-cloning fraud. This chip technology has become the global standard for card-based payments.
- Cards with this chip technology are also referred to as EMV cards, so named for the three entities, Europay, Mastercard® and Visa®, who collaborated to develop the microchip specifications.
- Contactless Chip Cards
- New touch-free technology provides enhanced security and faster payments using your BNY Mellon Debit EMV chip card.
- Contactless payments are easy to make and work on virtually all of your everyday purchases. 1) Look for the Contactless Symbol on the payment terminal. 2) Tap your Contactless card against the symbol until the light turns green. 3) A beep and/or checkmark on the terminal indicates a successful payment.
- 24-hour Fraud Monitoring- BNY Mellon provides around the clock monitoring of unauthorized transactions and may alert you if suspicious activity is detected. A fraud analysist may reach out to you via text, email or phone to verify transactions in question.
8. Safety Tips
- Sign your card. Sign your name in the signature panel on the back of your card, exactly as it appears on the front. If you are a business client, please sign your card exactly as you signed the Electronic Banking Enrollment form when you applied for your card.
- Choose a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that is easy for you to remember, but do not use any part of your name, address, birth date, or telephone number.
- Keep your PIN secret. Never write your PIN on your card or carry it with you in your wallet or purse. Do not give out your PIN or let someone borrow your card.
- Be alert. Always be aware of your surroundings, especially at night. If you notice any unusual circumstances or people, cancel your transaction, put your card away and leave. Return at a later time or use another ATM. Always lock your car doors at drive-through ATM locations.
- Shield the ATM keypad. Always block the view of the keypad from any onlookers when you enter your PIN.
9. ATM/Branch Locator
- Use this convenient tool to find an ATM or BNY Mellon Private Banking Office within the United States. Enter a city, street address or zip code to see a list and map of locations.